Sunday, 23 December 2012

Four-sided Dice Puzzle - Solution


The Puzzle:

I have three special four-sided dice.

They have one letter on each side.

When I roll them together I get three random letters which I try to rearrange into a word. In my eight goes so far I have made the words:

CAT, SON, POD, RIG, PEG, TAP, DIN, APE

What are the letters on each dice?




Our Solution:

The letters on the three dice are:

CNPR AGDS EIOT

7 comments:

  1. I appreciate your sharing this puzzle. I would be interested to know if there is some well defined strategy to attach such puzzles. The other way is to ofcourse trial and error with combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want the logic for this puzzle??

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. first,search for pairs : (AT,PE) (1) (2) (3)
    cAT - TAp (p,c -together) stack: A T P,C
    aPE - PEg (a,g -together) A,G T,E P,C

    for O::>
    POD - SON - P,S / P,N or D,S / D,N
    but due to DIN, D and N becomes part of different set.
    so, DS is of the one same set and PN of other same set.

    Stack: A,G T,E P,C,N

    Also,'I' won't be there in the set which has D or N because of DIN.
    So, I and O are of the same set.

    Now,we have --> PN DS IO

    stack: (1) (2) (3)
    A,G T,E P,C,N

    stack (1) and (2) requires either IO or DS

    R must be in the stack (3) i.e. P,C,N,R

    RIG --> I must not be set which has R or G

    so, IO goes to form T,E,I,O
    and remaining DS goes to form A,G,D,S

    Correct me wherever i'm wrong.






    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is an informative post and it is very beneficial and knowledgeable. Therefore, I would like to thank you for the endeavors that you have made in writing this article. All the content is absolutely well-researched. Thanks... Brass Dice

    ReplyDelete